We Started Filming

    Today we started filming for our music video. My partner and I planned to start filing over Thanksgiving break, but things came up on both of our ends that prevented that. We headed down to a park on the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea, and we got to work. Both of our moms were there and offered to help us film, but we didn't need it at the time. The first scene we filmed was the one scene on the beach, where one person was sitting In the sand staring at the sea. We filmed the shot a couple times, to get a feel of how we wanted it to work before we filmed it seriously. We did many takes of the shot, because of different, small things we didn't like about them. Some of the takes were me filming my partner, and the others were her filming me. We both got some pretty good shots, but I think I'm leaning towards using one of the shots I got of her. 

    Next, we moved on the the other shots. We decided to film the shots of us walking down the street together, laughing and talking. We tried to film it ourselves, sort of like how you take a selfie, but it wasn't working how we intended. Instead, my mom took the videos of us walking down the streets. It took us a few tries, because we forgot to turn the camera sometimes, but we eventually got it. We filmed all of the walking scenes, then we started on the scenes where we mouthed the words. This part took us a very long time, as we had to time it correctly, and sing the right lyrics. We also had to hold and flip the camera at the correct time, so it was really difficult. I think half of our current footage is just that one scene. 

    The last thing we had to film today was a single zoom in and out shot of the sun, which we got in one take, and the shot for the last line, which was my partner bending over a bush with her thumb up. Surprisingly, we had to retake this shot a few times before we got it right, but we finally did it. That was all we had to do for the day, so we wrapped up and headed home. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Research: Maleficent Mistress of Evil

Opening Scene Script