Hello World

 Hi again! It's still me, Olivia. I'm an 11th grader at Fort Lauderdale High School. I'm in AICE Media Studies and I'm in the Cambridge and law programs. I'm taking this class because I've always been interested in the behind the scenes aspect of turning an idea into a visual film. The class seems really cool right now, as we've learned some filming terms that seem really interesting. I'm not really into being on the camera as that's just not fun to me. However, I feel like being behind it is so much more fun, as you can control what's happening and how a scene turns out. don't have much going on besides homework, but I do have a dog at home who's really cute. 


I like reading, specifically fantasy or adventure books such as Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. Reading just takes you to another place. A place where you can enjoy not having the responsibilities of the real world and be able to experience something new without even leaving your house. I could spend all day doing that if I could. I like to write when I can, but I'm not very good at it right now. I am practicing more though, because I'd love to professionally write something one day. I have so many ideas and it's so easy to see them in your head, but putting them into writing, or film, is so much more difficult, but so rewarding at the same time. I'm lucky most of my friends are also in the same boat, so we can bounce suggestions and ideas off of eachother. It's fun being able to talk to like-minded people about things you enjoy, because it makes you feel less alone or isolated. I hope this class will help me put my ideas in a visual form, as that is a skill I'd love to develop. And the fact that this class can help me in college, where I could potentially go on to do more like this, is really inspiring and interesting to think about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Started Filming

Genre Research: Maleficent Mistress of Evil

Opening Scene Script