First Day of Filming..... A Partial Success

     The first thing I filmed was the scene with the sorceress (played by my sister) running through the woods. We went to a small local park close to my house to film. It was an all around difficult experience. We had to find a position that would hide the street and cars around the park. Along with that, we had to get into good positions where I could film her when she ran. It was extremely hard. We had to reshoot so many times. Keeping up with her was hard, especially when I had to try to keep the camera steady. I have so many shots that started off good, but by the time she got to running, were all blurry and cut off. She would either run too fast for me to film, or run to slow, where I couldn't make it believable. It took many tries to even get the first scene right. We eventually got it, which was a relief. The next scene also took a while. It was hard getting the right angle and positions for the next scene. We tried over, and over, and over to get something we could work with. I have so much footage. We managed to get something good to work with though. By the time we finished, it was getting dark, so we headed home. Those were the only scenes I had to film in that location thankfully. Next, I plan on filming the scenes on a crowded street, hopefully those end up being easier than today was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Started Filming

Genre Research: Maleficent Mistress of Evil

Opening Scene Script