Creative Critical Reflection

Creative Critical Reflection


My commercial challenges the traditional conventions of its product. The main groups shown in traditional Gatorade ads are usually active, sporty people, that are normally sweating, and out of breath, which give off the perception that only sporty people can enjoy this product. My commercial challenges this trope by casting the role of a regular person, not overly sportive, but just normal. This is meant to show that the product does not have to be for one type of person, and that it should be advertised for all types of people. My commercial represents all types of people, as the product, a popular drink, can be used by anyone. The different colors represent different emotions, and in turn, different people, which is good to show in an ad. 

My product engages with all types of audiences, with a range of ages and backgrounds. It would be distributed across all types of media, such as television ads, and social media. Gatorade can be enjoyed by people of all ages, so a variety of platforms is a good thing for this product. For older generations, it would be best to advertise on television rather than social media, as quite a few older people will see that more. For younger generations, social media distribution would be vital for promoting this product, as many younger people can be found on social media more easily. For example, I myself have seen Gatorade ads on social media and YouTube, and it has influenced me into buying this product.

My production skills have improved a lot by putting together this project. I got the chance to properly experience filming and editing in a fun way. I have had no previous experience with filming, and this commercial has helped me improve a lot. I learned a lot about angles, lighting, and speed when filming, which can help me with the next project and any other opportunities I might have in the future. I have had limited experience with editing videos before, as I have messed around with it, creating personal things for myself, but I have never done it in a semi-professional setting. I have discovered many things about the editing process and about myself that can help me down the road. For me, even though it is a long process, editing is relaxing in a way that I can’t describe. It has been fun to learn and attempt to put together small shots, transitions, effects, and music, to create a smooth product that I can be proud of.

             I used and relied on many different technologies when creating this commercial, as there were many different components that needed to be combined into one project. I needed two different video editing softwares, MiniTools Movie Maker and VSDC Video Editor, as they both had unique features that the other did not. With both softwares, I was easily able to add in transitions, effects, and a split screen to my project, which greatly enhanced it. I was also able to add in music, which I found from YouTube, to my video, and cut and speed it up as much as I needed. Online information really helped me for this product, as it allowed me to figure out how to navigate the tools I was using, and make the best video I could.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Started Filming

Genre Research: Maleficent Mistress of Evil

Opening Scene Script