Just A Bit of Editing

    My partner and I mostly finished filming yesterday, so I decided to mess around and try to begin editing some of our video today. The first thing I did was download the song we are using, and cut it down to the 1:15 minute time limit. I added it into my video editing software, Mini Tools Movie Maker, and started added in my videos. I still had to film the other shots, but I didn't worry about those, as I could do it at a later time.

    As I already figured out the timing of the shots in the Storyboard, all I had to do was add the clips where the storyboard showed. I had to cut some clips down, and speed some clips up slightly, but it was a relatively quick process. The first scenes I added in were the scenes where we were walking around and talking. I didn't have to speed anything up, only had to trim the end a little bit to fit the lyrics. Next, I added the scene where my partner is sitting in the sand. After speeding it up 2x, I actually didn't need to cut or edit this shot down at all, it fit perfectly with the music. The next thing I did was add in the scene where my partner was mouth the lyrics. I didn't have to cut, speed, or slow down the footage.

    After that, I added in the scene where I held the camera and switched between me and my partner. I had to flip the middle third of the video, as I had to flip the camera to film my partner. I also had to slow down the end of the video, where both my partner and I were in the frame, in order to match up the song lyrics to our lips moving. I added in the last two scenes we had that day, the zoom in on the sun, and my partner giving a thumbs up. I had to slow the last one down to match the end of the song, but other that that, I didn't have much left to do for now.

    That was all we had filmed, so I really couldn't add anything else really significant, but I added in different transitions where they were needed. I added an effect called 1977 to the footage, in order to make it seem older and more in tune with what I wanted. I had nothing else to add, as we have to film the rest later, so I saved my work, and sent it off to my partner to see If she had anything to add. After filming the rest, all I have to do is added to what I have now, and we're finished.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Started Filming

Genre Research: Maleficent Mistress of Evil

Opening Scene Script