My First Music Blog

   I have to start this blog off with a bit of bad news. I planned on filming a few of my scenes this weekend, but I wasn't able to do any of them. It rained the entire weekend, with only a few stops in-between. Thanks Florida weather, I really appreciate it. I couldn't even film the scene at my house, that's how bad the rain was. 

   Instead, I decided to look up the music I would use for the film, as there wasn't much else I could do without footage. I scrolled through Spotify first, seeing if any of the songs caught my eye. I found a few that I liked, but I didn't feel like they fit well for my movie. I kept at it for a bit before deciding that I'd try something else.

   I then went to YouTube, the queen of all video inspiration. I started out still looking at copyrighted song, as I still planned on getting the proper right to use a song. I kept scrolling. And searching. And scrolling. And even more searching, but I didn't find anything that I thought would work well for this movie.

   I decided to try my luck at some non-copywrited music. I thought that it would be more loose and imaginative than what I was looking at before, as they aren't making a profit, they just want to bring good music into the world. Another perk of copyright free music is that I don't have to go through producers and record labels to be able to use a song. 

   I found some music I really liked, but by then, my main problem was figuring out how dramatic I wanted the music to be, and if I wanted it to be just instrumental or have lyrics. I made some good progress and saved a few to look at later, but I decided to give it a rest and work on it at a later time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Started Filming

Genre Research: Maleficent Mistress of Evil

Opening Scene Script