Still Figuring Out The Music

 I planned to finish filming over spring break. (Yeah, that didn't happen.) We took a surprise trip to Daytona the whole week. While I was there, I decided to work on picking the music for the film. I figured out that I didn't want to use instrumental music. To me, it wouldn't make any sense. The girl is just casually listening to music. I don't know many people who walk around listening to just instrumental music.

   So I began to look for copyright free music with lyrics. YouTube was my searching ground. I looked around for a bit and then started a detailed search. I kept finding hours long compilations and mixes of songs. They all sounded very intriguing, but I was looking for a single song that I could use. I resumed my search with no luck, so I went to Google. Somehow, searching on Google gave me more specific YouTube videos *scratching my head in confusion*. But anyways, I began to look through those videos. There were a couple I liked, but didn't feel like they matched the story. I eventually found one called Want You, by Zayfall. I felt that it fit well with the genre, but also seemed like something that my character would listen to. I'm really glad I found this, because my schedule is already behind enough as it is.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Started Filming

Genre Research: Maleficent Mistress of Evil

Opening Scene Script